Fibreglassing the Hull

The first fibreglassing that must be done is to tape up all the seams. I am using 10oz fibreglass tape for this. once it has adhered to the timber surface and is finished curing I must feather the edges so that that they become invisible. 

What I mean by "feathering" is that I must reduce the appearance of the edge of the tape. I need to do this by sanding the outer edges of the tape so that they decrease in a gradual thickness. I will do this until the height of the tape edge is no higher than the timber on the hull. Done correctly this will stop any unsightly lines appearing under the second layer of glass that will have to be adhered later.

Then, when the finish layer of glass is laid on top of the layers below none the seams will not show. 









No comments:

Post a Comment